Palais de Rumine

Housing 2 museums and a library, place of study, passage, conferences, meetings, the Palais de Rumine is an essential element in Lausanne's life.

Built between 1891 and 1906 on the Place de la Riponne, the Palais de Rumine owes its existence to the legacy of a generous donor, heir to a family of the Russian high nobility, Gabriel de Rumine. It houses the cantonal museums of archeology and history, geology, zoology as well as the cantonal and university library. The Cantonal Museum of Fine Arts, closed in 2018, is preparing to move to the new Plateforme 10 building, near Lausanne's central station.

Events common to several Palais institutions - exhibitions, events, conferences, ... are regularly organized.

Currently